Friday, December 12, 2008

Making Connections

This past week I really focused on talking with people I know in the working world, in particular alumni that I know. Everyone always says to keep good relations with people because you never know what will come in the future. I always took that as keep in contact with alumni in your field, which I found out is good, but not the only thing you need. I personally have a lot more contacts outside of the field of management information systems and never really thought they would come in handy until now.

A couple of alumni in particular have been really helpful in just talking about job opportunities that are out there. It has really given me the opportunity to look into fields that I wouldn't necessarily consider and give me an outlook on career paths out there.

Besides that, I applied to a few more positions this week and I will see what will come! Hope the job search is going well for you!

No comments: