Thursday, January 22, 2009

What I did over winter break

As always, I could not wait to go home and relax for the holidays! It was great to get back home and spend time with my family. While at home I did manage to get quite a few things accomplished in regards to my job search.

First thing, I talked to a lot of family members about potential careers I might want to have down the road. My major really allows me to be flexible in the type of industry that I can work in. Two of the big industries that I decided I want to get into eventually are either the medical field (working with hospitals information systems) or the education field (again, working with schools information systems or eventually teaching applications). A family member offered to have me come to the school district he works for over my spring break to see what he does and how things run. I will definitely go by because in the long run that may be something I am interested in.

For right now I am looking for something to get experience in. I apply for a few jobs right near the end of break for a few hospital sites in MA. Its about that time to start preparing for the career fair as well and I am hoping something works out for me this spring. It has finally hit that I am graduating in about 4 months and its a little scary but still exciting!

Hope your break went well and that your job search is going great!

No comments: