Thursday, October 16, 2008

Time is flying!

It is hard to believe that I will be taking my last final of A term in about 3 hours, that I will be handing in my MQP proposal to be graded in about a day, and that I am that much closer to graduating.

The game plan for break is to get some job search/interviews done. I have two interviews scheduled over break. Both are approximately 3-4 hours long because I will be meeting with numerous people on site. Having fall break right about now is very convenient to be able to interview and not be stressing out about school.

Looking back, I am pretty impressed on what I have managed to accomplish job search wise in A term. I created a solid resume, attended the career fair and made some contacts, had 4 interviews (2 phone and 2 in person), and all and all feel pretty good about where I stand. The interviews are helping me figuring out where I want to end up and I am starting to narrow done what I think I want to do.

The best thing I learned this term is that everyones job search is different. It is easy to compare your job search to your friends and feel like you don't compare or that you are behind. Everyone goes at their own pace and makes different decisions along the way. Some people are looking to continue their education, others are looking to make bank at a huge firm, and some still are just keeping options open and going with the flow. Whichever way you decide to do your job search don't get frustrated if it seems like you are getting no results. It is a process and some go a little faster than others, that's all.

Over break I will be going to my two interviews and taking some time to get a jump on MQP so next term goes as smoothly as possible. Best of luck on finals and enjoy the break!

No comments: