Monday, October 6, 2008

Interview season

I had my first experience of on campus recruiting for my first interview. For past interviews for summer internships I had always gone to the company to interview. Having the interview on campus made it much easier to get to obviously and made me slightly more relaxed.

In case you do not know, the CDC supplies potential employers with rooms in the building that they can use to interview students. This is a great service that the CDC offers and many employers take advantage of it. Check out the CDC website and your JobFinder account to see what companies will be on campus in the future.

The interview I had on campus went pretty well. It was the first round of interviews for the company and I learned a lot about the program I am applying for and also got to inform the employer about my past experiences. Good news, I got called back for a second interview which I will be going to in the next couple of weeks!

As I mentioned before I had another interview this past week. This time I went out to interview at the company which had its perks. I got to see the workstations and really understand the processes of the company. We sat, we chatted, asked some questions, and then took a tour of the building. That interview went well too and hopefully the ones in the future do as well.

For now I am still not set on where I want to work or what exactly I want to be doing. I am going to continue to look into different companies and see what they have to offer until I can make a well informed decision on where I want to end up. That is the plan for now, we will have to see how it goes!

No comments: