Thursday, September 18, 2008

Getting ready for the Career and Graduate School Fair

It's time to get ready for the upcoming career and graduate school fair! Here is what is on my list of things to do before I attend:
  • Finish updating my resume
  • Get my resume critiqued
  • Research companies that I wish to talk to
  • Find an outfit to wear that I feel comfortable in and look professional
  • Practice speaking clearly to others in normal conversation

Some of these things might sound silly (what I'm wearing and practicing talking to people) but these are little things that will calm you down if you feel good about them. The more comfortable you feel talking about yourself and your experiences the more relaxed you will feel when you enter the career fair.

I have researched a handful of companies already and plan to continue researching until the fair. Hopefully all goes well!

No comments: