Monday, September 29, 2008

Sometimes I don't have a lot of time...

To be quite honest with you, sometimes looking for a real job can be kinda scary or be thrown on the back burner because of everything else that is going on. With MQP, organization responsibilities and other classwork, I have no energy or motivation to be on the job hunt 24/7.

Like anything else though I try to make some time every now and then to go through jobfinder and look for future employers. Another thing I try to do is respond back (either via email or phone) to employers that contact me within a reasonable amount of time. After about a day it will slip my mind and losing that contact is not good.

Besides those little things I have been preparing for interviews. This past week I had my first interview for a full time position. A little scary to be honest but all and all it went well. I reviewed the materials the company had given me previously and also reviewed my own resume. Once I felt comfortable talking about my experiences and had knowledge of the company I just tried to relax...which almost happened.

Having that first interview under my belt is a big relief. I have another interview this upcoming week and I hope to keep improving with my interview skills. Besides that I will be focusing on my school work and just getting some things done around campus for my organizations. Good luck on any interviews you have coming up!

No comments: