Monday, September 22, 2008

Looking back on the Career and Graduate School Fair

It has been a couple days since the Career and Graduate school fair and it worked out really well for me this time around! I got to have some great conversations with companies and was able to distribute a good amount of resumes.

One of my big improvements this year was my ability to hold good conversations with people and make some good connections. I spent a good deal of time with a handful of companies, got contact information, and gave out resumes. Some of the representatives instructed me to apply for a job online and I did so when I returned home from the fair.

I made sure i took note of the people I talked to, their contact information, and any further instructions they told me I should do. For example, one company asked me to forward an electronic resume to an email address. I did that the following night to ensure that the employer would receive my resume while the career fair was still on their mind. If you have not gotten around to making your final connections with companies its not too late so make those connections!

Results from the career fair have been great! I have an interview this week and another one next week. Hopefully I am able to secure 1 or 2 more interviews in the upcoming weeks. Now I need to prepare for my interviews and hope for the best!

No comments: