Thursday, April 16, 2009

Finding an Apartment and Project Presentation Day

Now that I know where I will be staying, it is time to find somewhere to live. This is turning out to be a lot more difficult that I thought...

First step was to see if there was anyone staying around Worcester that I could live with. Good news, I found someone. My IQP partner from last year is staying to get her masters at WPI and when we found out that we were both staying in the area it made sense to go on the apt hunt together.

Next step was to begin searching...and this step seems to be never ending. We looked at 3 apartments so far and two of them have been pretty good, one of them was not good at all. I personally have never had to look for an apartment which is making this whole thing even more new to me. I have lived in my sororities house for the past 3 years so this is a big learning process for me as well. Now I know things to ask...like what is included in the rent/will the utilities be covered, if they aren't covered how much do they usually run, etc. It is all actually a really huge headache.

I am really hoping we find something within the next week or so because as much as we love emailing and calling landlords, it would be so much nicer to know we have some place to live next year.

Besides my never ending search for an apartment we are in the homestretch for project presentation day. My group is submitting our poster tomorrow to be printed. We have yet to receive the schedule for the day so hopefully the department sends that out soon so my group can mentally prepare for next Thursday. I have actually never gone to see the posters on project presentation day and I am wishing that I had now so I had an idea of what was going to happen.

If you are presenting your MQP next week good luck and if not I suggest you stop by and see the projects that people have completed. Some of my friends covered some pretty interesting topics this year so go have a look :)

No comments: