Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Here comes Project Presentation Day...

As you probably read a while back at the end of C term, my MQP group finished up our MQP on time, handed it in and did our final presentation on site. That was awesome and we have had a nice little MQP vacation for about 3 or 4 weeks. Now its that wonderful time to get ready for Project Presentation Day...

We have just over 2 weeks until project presentation day (it is April 23rd...what an awesome birthday gift) and our group is meeting this week to finalize our poster we created for poster presentation and work on the logistics for the day. Everyone in the management department (IE, ME, MGE, and MIS) is required to create a poster for poster presentations in the morning and is also required to create a powerpoint presentation in case they are one of the top 3 projects picked to present in the afternoon. The top three are picked after the poster presentation in the morning and those 3 compete for the Provost's MQP Award. Should be a fun filled day of presenting and talking about my project.

Once that is done my group will be completely done with MQP!!! We already have our grade since our project work was completed last week but we are still going to try to put together a good poster/presentation and go for the Provost's MQP Award...we will see how that goes.

All and all my MQP went well. There were a lot of up's and down's (and I mean A LOT!) and my group started out not completely knowing each other too well which made the first week or 2 interesting. In the end I really enjoyed working with my group and having our weekly Wednesday trips to Boston at 6:30am to go to our site. There were a lot of meetings and a lot of sitting around wondering what we were doing but my group worked well and I enjoyed it! :)

No comments: